Thanks for visiting! Would really appreciate you leaving a comment just to let me know stopped by.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Anyone up for a competition?

Sometimes competitions are just the ticket to getting and staying motivated (just look at Biggest Loser!).

Don't want to go that extreme? This weekend I stumbled across a website that offers people a chance to compete with others...and you don't have to travel anywhere. You can do it no matter where you are at.

Check out Weight Loss Wars at www.weightlosswars.com. Click here and it will take you to their site. I have also included the link on the sidebar under Websites I like to Visit. The site membership is free. However, some of the competitions may require an entry fee, so read carefully before deciding to join any competition.

Currently, they have two competitions that will be starting soon...one on June 21, and one on July 3. Both require a small entry fee between $10. and $25. and both have cash reward prizes. I am actually thinking of joining both competitions. I have also joined the local Lose It to Win It competition which runs until 8/12/10 and it based on percentage of weight loss. I don't really expect to win that one because there are at least 100 people entered...but it's not always about winning.

On to another subject.....MENU MONDAYS

I have had people ask me what about meals and meal planning. I make out a menu either on Saturday or Sunday morning. From my menu, I make out a dinner menu. I usually post my menu somewhere in the kitchen, like the fridge. It helps me by reducing the stress of coming home and wondering what I'm going to fix for dinner, and it helps everyone else stop wondering the same thing. I mean, how many times can I hear "What's for dinner" - it really gets annoying. So now everyone knows up front and can make up their mind if they like it or don't like it. But guess what...if you don't like it, that's tough. (I know that sounds mean). But that's the way it is. When you have 7 people to feed, you are not going to please everyone all the time (unless you feed them pizza 7 days a week).

Wow, I really got off the subject. A N Y W A Y....... I go grocery shopping on Sundays. If you look on the right hand side, I have posted my Dinner menu for this week - and I will try and do so every Monday. Some of the recipes might be included under Dish of the Day. However, if there is a recipe that you want, just leave me a comment along with your email address and I'll get it to you.

WEEKENDS -
I hope everyone had a great weekend! Did you relax a little? How did you do on your eating plan? Did you get any exercise in?

I had a great weekend! Saturday, I moved furniture. We bought new furniture the weekend before and it finally came in Saturday. But before we could pick up the new furniture, the old had to be moved out of the way. Well....my husband and son were still asleep Saturday morning and I thought...I can do this! I moved a double reclining sofa out of my living room all by myself and I have the bruises to prove it! I got it all the way into the hall and wanted to move it into the computer room, but it got stuck in the doorway. Ughh! So I had to wait until hubby woke up because it needed to be turned sideways...and you HAVE to have to people to do that.
But still...I was pretty proud of myself. That couch was super heavy and I proved to myself that I'm a lot stronger than I thought I was.

I didn't stray from my eating plan (good). Yesterday I worked out with my weights. I just couldn't sit still...so I was constantly moving - probably drove my husband nuts...oh well.

Well, getting late this morning and I want to try and get some bike riding in before getting ready for work. Hope everyone has a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment