Thanks for visiting! Would really appreciate you leaving a comment just to let me know stopped by.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Life is What it is - Unpredictable




Even the best plans and intentions can be thrown a curve ball when reality is standing on the pitcher's mound.

Remember my post yesterday about how you have some good days, some bad days, yadda yadda yadda....MMMM...I think that might have a been a premonition of things to come.

Yesterday, I come home from a crazy busy day at work. I was mentally exhausted. I needed to thaw something out in the microwave so I could cook dinner. The outlets in the kitchen had tripped - again. No power for the microwave, coffee maker, can opener...

So I thought, no problem, I'll carry the microwave over to my island where there is a plug that is not on the same circuit. So I pick up this heavy microwave, carry it over to the island. When I go to plug it in...the plug won't reach. So, again I thought, no problem, I'll get the extension cord. I go out to the garage and finally locate the extension cord and plug it in. I take the microwave plug and go to plug it into the extension cord - the microwave has a 3-prong plug....the extension cord is not made for a 3-prong cord. AGH!!! So by this time, my son is asking me if he and his brother can just cook a pizza. I said, "Go for it". I ate the salad that I had made for lunch, but didn't have enough time to eat. And that was that.

After checking the computer - facebook, email, blog, I decide to go ahead and change out of my work clothes into something to workout. While changing, I look down at my feet. OMG! My ankles and tops of my feet have swollen up like giant balloons! I immediately go get on the couch and put my feet up. My son brought me over the pamphlet for the antibiotics I started last Wed for the urinary bladder infection I had last week. Sure enough, one of the possible side effects/allergic reactions is swelling of the ankles. I make a call to the doc on call and explain the situation. His advice...immediately stop taking the antibiotic, stay off feet for a couple of days until the meds leave your body, ice it when you can, drink plenty of fluids and said I could take a diuretic if I wanted to help get rid of the excess fluid. Basically, what he was telling me is "no, you cannot ride your bike. no you do not need to get up and do aerobic excercise."

Once again, I was not able to get in a good workout yesterday. I feel like a giant water balloon. When I went to bed, I had to take my rings off because my hands had started swelling. This was a big deal that my rings started feeling tight because since I had lost weight, my rings have been very loose, almost to the point that I am afraid that they might actually fall off if I'm not careful. So, having them actually cut into my fingers is a little worrisome.

Here it is morning and some of the swelling has gone down in my feet because I have not been on them in hours. They still feel tight and I'm sure once I start moving around, I'll see the swelling agin. My hands feel tight and I'm sure to someone else, they don't look swollen at all.

I'm still going to go to my personal training session today, even if I'm a giant water balloon.

Tomorrow is my weigh in day, and I'm sure due to the lack of exercise and the additional fluids my body has seemed to want to retain, I will end up with a weight gain. We'll see. If I do, at least I'll know why and also know that the next week the additional weight should be gone and then some.

Don't let life totally derail you from the plans you made....you just might have to take a detour for a while.

One Day at a Time

*note added later - I forgot to mention that I met with the dentist to discuss the work that my son needed to have done to his teeth. I was in shock when handed a detail price summary for all the work needed for a (drum roll please) cost of $6,902.00 - and this is AFTER the insurance has paid.

1 comment:

  1. On my office wall...
    Being happy doesn't mean every thing is perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections, and whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.

    You got the right attitude lady! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete