Thanks for visiting! Would really appreciate you leaving a comment just to let me know stopped by.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Meeting with the Personal Trainer



My first meeting with the personal trainer went well, at least I think it did. Yes, my feet were swollen before I arrived. But I shoved them in my sneakers anyway. I was determined I wasn't going to let that hold me back.

He had me warm up on the treadmill for 10 minutes, starting out at 3.0 mph and increased to 3.5. This was all at an incline of 0. I'm used to an incline between 3.5 and 5 and speed of 3.0. So, this was pretty easy for me. He talked to me the whole time and I had to talk back so he could see that I was able to speak during this...it helps to determine if you are working too hard.

Next we moved on to the machines. When I go to the gym by myself, I am always intimadated by them because they have to be adjusted and I don't want to look like an idiot when I can't get them properly adjusted.

Today he wanted to work on push and pull techniques - alternating between upper body and lower body. Started with push on lower body, then moved to pull on upper body and continued to rotate in that manner. I have to tell you, I LOVE working on the weight/strengthening machines!

I learned that even though I have been working out with weights, that my upper body strength still sucks...but I'm gonna work on improving that.

I worked out about a total of 45 minutes and this was all done during my lunch hour!

I feel more confident that when I go back to the gym by myself that I will be able to adjust and use the machines without looking stupid. I will repeat this routine every other day. 1 day with a trainer and 2 days without. You are supposed to give your muscles a day in between to rebuild after breaking them down.

I will meet with the trainer again next Wednesday, same time. He said he is going to a bootcamp this weekend and wants to incorporate some of that next time we meet. So, we will see what surprises are in store next week.

All in all, it feels really good knowing that this is something that I am doing for me. And not only is it for me...but I'm the one making it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment