Thanks for visiting! Would really appreciate you leaving a comment just to let me know stopped by.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Workin' For the Weekends...




Don't know why that song popped into my head. Yes, I am a child of the 80's...what a fun decade!

I had been mulling over a more serious post this morning as I was in bed, but I think I'll save it for Monday.

I love my weekends! I don't go off track, but I do cut myself a little slack for these two days. For instance before, I was a big time coffee drinker. I would drink it all day long. I didn't care what time of day it was, or what the temp might be outside, I would have my glorious cup of coffee in my hand. I didn't use any type of artifical sweetener, sugar only. And my creamer of choice had to be the liquid Coffee Mate or International Delight caramel flavored. We're talking about at least 8 cups of coffee with sweeteners. That really adds up! I still love coffee, but I have made adjustments. Monday thru Friday I start off my day with a cup of coffee with Truvia sweetener, and about 1 Tbsp of 2% milk. If I want some flavor, I'll add a little cinnamon. And that's it...1 cup of coffee in the morning. The caffiene will help to give your metabolism that little boost it needs to kick in. Now, before I get blasted, let me say that coffee is not necessarily bad for you...it is when you load it up. But for me, drinking coffee all day kept me from drinking what I really needed....WATER. So now, I have my one cup of coffee and it satifies me and the rest of the day I drink my water.

Now, back to what I started off saying about cutting myself some slack. On the weekends, I do not limit my coffee drinking to the one cup in the morning. I give myself permission to drink as many as I want. Let's just say, it's my little treat to myself. I have noticed that I really don't want to drink it all day long anymore...but I know I can, if I want to.

On the weekends, I am not as rigid about my excercising as I am during the week. Yes, I do get it in. I have discovered I am an excersise junkie. What I mean about not being rigid is I don't say, "O.K....I'm going to ride my bike for 3 miles starting at 10:00 and then I'll do 1/2 hour of strength training". I fit it in/around whatever my plans are on the weekend. The weekends are when I spend time with my family doing whatever we get up and decide to do. There are rainy days when we watch movies, and sometimes I'll ride my bike during the entire movie. Sometimes, we might be doing stuff outside (and you'll workout and not even realize it). It's o.k. to go do things without worrying that you need to hurry up so you can get to they gym, or I really need to get home so I can get workout done before I go to bed.

The point to all these ramblings is that you NEED to cut yourself some slack sometime and know its o.k. to do so. CAUTION....this does NOT mean throw everything out and just be a lazy cheesecake eatin' couch potato.

If you are finding it hard to give yourself permission to relax or cut yourself a little slack on the weekends because you feel guilty, just tell yourself, "It's o.k., Angela gave me permission".

Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday...get out there and enjoy yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment