Thanks for visiting! Would really appreciate you leaving a comment just to let me know stopped by.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Vacation Post

Here I am, a long way from home (no pun intended toward blog title). No bike, no exercise DVDs, and not a lot of control over food. So how do you stay on track when your routines have been turned upside down?

You make choices..just like you do everyday. Of course your choices may have to be tweaked a bit. Even though you are not in control of the circumstances that may surround you, you are still in control of you.

"Okay..." you say, but what exactly does THAT mean?

For me, I am going with the flow. I don't have a plan, a menu, or a exercise routine to adhere to. But even so, I know what my limits should be. I know that I can pretty much eat whatever I want, but will watch my portions. There may be things I will pass up and maybe things I can substitute....but I'm NOT going to stress over it.

So what that I won't be able to get on my bike....no big deal! What does a few days matter in the grand scheme of things? If I can do some strength training while I'm here, walk when I can, have fun with friends - and not just be a lazy couch potato...then I'm doing great!

I CAN be away from my ritualistic environment, have a great time, enjoy myself, enjoy being with friends, and still be able to be true to myself.

So, I know I didn't explain this great. It's in my head and it loses something in translation by putting into words. So I will just end with this.

I am ME. I trust ME to do what is right for ME. Because that is what it all really comes down to...trusting yourself to do what is right...not what is right for someone else, but what is right for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment