Thanks for visiting! Would really appreciate you leaving a comment just to let me know stopped by.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Move Aside or I'll Run You Over......

Okay, maybe that was a little much. It's more like, move aside, you're in my way and might cause me to fall. But at the moment right now, I feel like I could mow anyone down. It's amazing how different you look at things when you are feeling more confident and stronger.

I originally started this blog because I wanted to chronicle this journey in hopes that it would help others see that they can do it to. But the further I go, I realize that by blogging, it is helping me be more accountible for the things that I do. I wan't to be able to look back a few months, years, etc. and be able to see how far I've come, the things that I've accomplished, and the obstacles that I've overcome.

Back to the blog post....running. In all my years, I have NEVER been a fan of running. And when I say, all my years, I mean going back to childhood. I was just something that I have never been able to master. I was always slow, and never could go very far without getting out of breath or my sides hurting. I hated playing sports because most involved some sort of running, jumping, etc. In school, when it would be near the end of the year, I dreaded field day. You remember...the relay races, sprints, etc. I would always try and find a way to be able to stay home on that day. As my teenage years rolled around, it didn't get any better. I had "blossomed" by that time (if you know what I mean) and let's just say I was very blessed in that way. But, it made pretty much any type of physical activity a bit more difficult. So, I just didn't participate..at all.

I have always wanted to run. Sometimes, when I dream, I dream that I am running and it's like I'm just floating and it just comes so easy.

Now that I have lost weight and I am eating healthy, I think it's time to make that dream a reality. I am tired of hearing myself say "I can't do it". It's time to change that mentality to "I can and I will do it".

So, here and now...I am making that commitment. I AM going to run in a 5K.

I've made the commitment...now what? I have a personal trainer who is going to help me reach that goal. I am going to start following the Couch to 5K training plan---starting on Wednesday (when I get back from vacation). I am going to log my progress EVERY day (stay tuned).

So, away I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment