Thanks for visiting! Would really appreciate you leaving a comment just to let me know stopped by.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Look Back

People say that you should not live in the past. You should live in the now...look to the future. But sometimes, you need to look backwards in order to figure out how you came to the place you are and where to go from here.

Me? Well, I've always considered myself to be overweight. I don't think it really bothered me until I hit fourteen...yep...those dreaded highschool years. Don't get me wrong...my years in highschool were great. And now that I can look back, I wasn't really big. I was just bigger than a size 0 to 4. When you are a size 10, and let's say, "well endowed"...you are a big girl compared to some of the little twigs in your class. So, I dieted here and there...lost and gained, etc. etc - no big deal.

I did get married at 20 and had a family. During this time, my weight fluctuated greatly, especially after having babies. The weight just wasn't letting go - and you know those middle of the night trips to the pantry for the Little Debbie Snacks didn't help.

So after many years of ups and downs, my marriage fell apart. But, I was not to be alone for long. I met a wonderful man, who loved me just the way I was and we have been happily married ever since. Sounds like a story book ending doesn't it?

But, my husband liked to eat just as much as I did. I like to cook and bake and it was great. Not only that, but I think my husband probably liked chocolate just as much as I did! I thought I had hit the jackpot!

But after 4 years, the weight had finally caught up with me.

I went to donate blood one day, and they wouldn't let me. My blood pressure was too high. I was sure it was just because of where I was (I REALLY do NOT like needles).
I went back to work and over the course of a couple of days continued to monitor my blood pressure. It was still high. High enough to where it worried my husband. He convinced me to go to the doctor. After a battery of tests, just to make sure nothing else was going on, I was put on blood pressure medication and was told I needed to lose weight. I knew that was coming.

So, I weighed in a 205 pounds. Something I did not share with anyone...not until now. 205 pounds on a 5'2" frame is a lot. It is more than I have ever weighed. It was then and there and I made up my mind, that it was time to change my life. Not just go on a diet, but change the way and what I eat. It was time to incorporate excercise....It was time I made a LIFESTYLE CHANGE!

So, here I am now...on this journey. I am hoping that I can encourage others to do the same. I will share with you the weight I lose, the weeks that the scale doesn't move, and yes...even those weeks when the scale has a + sign.

So, now you know about me...anyone want to share about your journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment