Thanks for visiting! Would really appreciate you leaving a comment just to let me know stopped by.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I am on a Journey, Not in a Race


I have had this blog title rolling around in my head for quite some time now. There are mornings when I hop in the shower after working out, and there it is, just floating in my brain. Funny the things that you think about in the shower. My mind would start drifting away thinking of what I wanted to say. And now that I'm actually writing, I can't seem to remember what I discussed with myself during those thought filled showers.

So, I'm just going to shoot this one from the hip.




There are some who look at losing weight the same way as running in a race. You have a starting place and a finish line and the quicker you get past the finish line, the better. A race can usually be a fairly short distance. It's usually on level ground (think running track), and your focus is simply to get past the finish line and do it in the shortest amount of time possible. You don't look to your left or right..you don't notice anything around you. Again, you just want to get to the finish line.

What do you think of when you say "journey". To me, there is no time limit. There are hills and valleys to cross...ups and downs. You have time to think, to observe, to learn and to understand. When you are on a journey, you are not focused on crossing a finish line, because there isn't one to cross. When you are on a journey, your focus is not just on that final number where you want to be, but everything else in between that will get you there.

I am on a journey...I don't know when or if it will ever be over...only I get to decide that...not a line drawn somewhere with the words "Finished" painted on it.

I am on a journey...I know that there will be bumps along the way, but it will not stop me.

I am on a journey...I know that I can't do it alone, I need help and support.

I am on a journey...I can take the time and get to know me again.

I am on a journey...I know time is not a factor.

I am on a journey...I will learn to use this time wisely and make good choices.

I hope your journey takes you to new, wonderful and exciting places!

No comments:

Post a Comment