Thanks for visiting! Would really appreciate you leaving a comment just to let me know stopped by.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Ramblings after 11 pm

Yes, it's after 11 pm and I really should be in bed - don't worry, I'm headed there soon.

I will be adding some new things to my blog in the next few days, so I'm hoping anyone who is reading this will be checking back.

After listening to several people who are on this journey, I have heard that one of the hardest things is meal planning - having a menu to go by each day. While I can't plan everyone's meals, I can share with you what I eat each day. It will be on the side bar and will be updated nightly. Some of the recipes will be included on the side under "Dish of the Day".

I know meal planning can be difficult, especially if you have a family with different needs. Personally, when all the kids are here - all 5, I have to take into consideration that two are vegetarians, one has a medical condition that makes it difficult to retain fluids and sodium and requires a higher sodium content; my husband is a meat and potatoes kind of guy (luckily he is not very picky and will eat whatever I cook).

I can tell you that it can be done with a little planning. There are lots of places online you can find low calorie/low fat or low carb recipes. Make out a menu once a week then make your grocery list from the menu.

Don't want the kiddos eating all the fruits and veggies you bring home in one day...or something that you bought specifically for you? Label them with a bright sticker (thanks for the idea Deb), and let them know up front that the foods with the stickers are NOT to be eaten without permission.

I'm always open to ideas of what you want to see on this site...what would help you on your journey. Please feel free to post any questions or comments.

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment