Thanks for visiting! Would really appreciate you leaving a comment just to let me know stopped by.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Have been out of commission

Sorry folks...I have been dealing with a migraine for three days. If you have ever had one or is someone who suffers with migraines, you know how it just completely zaps you. I have delt with them for years now. After several tests, the doctors know I have what is called, occular migraines. However, they have not been able to determine the trigger. The best they could do was to recommend medication that I would have to take on a daily basis. And frankly, some of the possible side effects are worse than the migraines themself.

So, I opted NOT to take the meds and just deal with the migraines. They are definitely not as frequent as they use to be. The last one before this was in April. They last for three days....always. I can tell when one is coming on and by the time it is full blown, it is centered in my right eye. I'm not sensitive to noise, but I am sensitive to light.

So, with all that being said....I did not work out like I should have this weekend. And, it's okay. I'm glad that I am finally coming out of the migraine and am looking forward to getting back into my normal workout routine.

I did pick up a new set of weights on Friday....and my son and step-daughter worked out with me Friday night. Let's just say, they TRIED to keep up with me. We were working out to the Biggest Loser Jump Start DVD....just the 10 min cardio. Wow! That's the longest 10 minutes I have ever spent! But, I'm gonna stick with it...don't know if the kids will.

Was everyone able to stick to their weekend goals? If not, don't give up....try again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment