Thanks for visiting! Would really appreciate you leaving a comment just to let me know stopped by.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 2 with Personal Trainer

I was going to take my camera with me so I could get some pics to go along with the post, but left my camera at home.

Yesterday was my second meeting with the personal trainer at the gym. Our schedules are tight so we meet up during my lunch hour. I wasn't sure what to expect this go around.

I started off by warming up for five minutes on the treadmill - three minutes walking at 3.5 and two minutes jogging at 4.5. Let me input something here...I had been using the C25K program and still on week one. The longest that you jog is 60 seconds and the walk for 90 seconds and keep alternating for 20 minutes. I hadn't jogged for two minutes yet...and I did it! And the amazing thing is, when my two minutes were up, I felt I could keep on going!

Next it was on to the gym machines...leg presses, 50-70 pounds, 2 reps @12 each. I could really feel it in my legs when done. Worked the arms on various machines, chest, and back.

We went over to the free weight section and he handed me a 30 pound barbel and wanted me to do curls. It looked light enough...I can do this. He handed it to me and at first it was no problem. When I reached about the 7th curl, I could feel the burn and I had to really push myself to get to 12. I rested for 30 seconds and then set out to do it again. I focused my eyesight on one point and began. I could hear the trainer saying, "Rest if you need" and "Do you need me to help". I was determined I could do this without any help. I fixated my sight on one point in the room, I continued to breathe and made it to 12 without stopping and without help. It was a great feeling of accomplishment! But, it also made me feel really whimpy because it was just 30 pounds!

After that it was over the head pushes with two 7 lb weight. This was right after the 30lb dumbells. But I did it...2 sets of 12.

I did some additional exercises before he let me go. Even as I was leaving, I could feel the workout in my muscles. But this is why I am here...this is what I want...this is what I NEED.

When I got home last night, it was just my son and I. I made BLTs for dinner, with Turkey Bacon...yum! My son (15) actually prefers turkey bacon over regular bacon and I think it tastes better too.

I checked my emails, etc on the computer and decided to round out the day with one more workout (oh...I also rode my stationary bike that morning for 5 miles). I love my DVD Fat Burning Jam - Dance Off the Inches. It lasts for 30 minutes and I really worked up a good sweat doing it. It felt great to have such a productive day!

On another note, upon waking this morning, my body feels like it has been run over by a semi truck - yep, you got it - sore muscles. But that's okay...it just means that I am working muscles that need to be worked. The soreness will go away and I will continue. But for today, I'm going to take it a little bit easier in the workout department. I might go for a treadmill walk at lunch or a bike ride tonight...we'll just have to see.

Will try and post some pics another time.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Angela on workout with the trainer and all the extra working out you did on your own. I read your story and it sounds like you are doing terrific. Way to go on all your progress.

    ReplyDelete