Thanks for visiting! Would really appreciate you leaving a comment just to let me know stopped by.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I Want to Be in the Parade.....

It happens the same time every night, or should I say morning. Would you consider 3AM in the middle of the night, or early early morning? It doesn't matter..night, morning...I should be asleep at 3AM.

But I wake up with all these thoughts bombarding my mind. Things I have been feeling, things I want to say....they are all there trying to compete with each other to win a spot on the next blogging post.

It seems to take me forever to clear my head and tell myself that it can wait and that I really need the sleep. After about an hour I will drift back into la la land, if only for an hour or so.

Just giving you a little background on where my blog title above and post came from. So, if it seems incoherent or just words rambling on, remember...it WAS 3:00 this morning.



I started thinking about life and how you can compare it to a parade. I want to be in the parade, not on the sidelines waving and watching it pass by.

I have been on the sidelines for far too long....43 years to be exact. Sitting, watching, and waiving and sometimes smiling...but most of the time envious of the people passing by me.

I don't want to sit on the side lines any longer. You remain in one spot and nothing ever changes except the parade.

I want to be in the parade. I want to have fun, wear bright colorful clothes, dance, sing, make people smile and laugh. The parade moves, it goes places, it sees new things, it enjoys new scenery.

When you are in the parade, you make yourself available to other people...you put yourself out there for everyone to see....

You cannot hide like you can when you are on the sidelines just trying to blend in with the crowd.

I don't want to watch life passing me by anymore....I want to LIVE my life. I want to ENJOY my life....I WANT TO BE IN THE PARADE!

You have a choice....you can sit on the curb and waive as the parade passes you by...or you can join in dancing and singing down the street.

What are YOU going to choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment