Thanks for visiting! Would really appreciate you leaving a comment just to let me know stopped by.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Food - Friend or Foe

Our body needs it to survive, but too much of a good thing is well..... disastrous.

Our cars need gas to go, but what happens if you try to fill it up too much? It just overflows...gets everywhere...and it stinks! All the extra gas you tried to put it doesn't do your car any good because it doesn't need it! Or what happens if you put diesel fuel in a car that only takes unleaded? Ummm...problems are definitely ahead!

The same goes with food and our bodies. Food is not the enemy, we need it to survive..simple as that. We are our own enemies, because we do not know when to stop. We keep shoveling it in even when we are not hungry...even when we do not need it to "fuel" our bodies. Not only that, but when we are hungry, we tend to fuel our bodies with the wrong kinds of foods. Foods that may satisfy us at the moment, but down the road...we conk out.

Our bodies can do amazing things when we feed it properly. Food is not the enemy and we need to condition our mind into thinking that way.

So, now I am climbing off my soapbox, going to the mirror and reading aloud to myself what I just wrote. Why? Because, it's easy to write what you know to be true. But it's another to make sure that you really hear it and take it in and make it part of your daily life. I don't want to just talk the talk. I want to walk the walk.

It's a battle I deal with daily. And if someone tells you that they never struggle with food issues...they are lying. It's a learning process....all part of the journey.

I hope everyone has a wonderful "hump" day. I'm off to meet with my personal trainer at lunch to see what new torture he has devised for me. Just kidding...I really look forward to the new challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment