Thanks for visiting! Would really appreciate you leaving a comment just to let me know stopped by.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sorry...no mind blowing title today

Yesterday I took a break. Not just a break from blogging, but a break from everything in general.

It is very rare that I do not have some place that I have to be. So, yesterday, I just ENJOYED being at home. I did some cleaning, watched a movie, played around on the computer.

And....GASP....I even took a NAP!

I didn't ride my bike, I didn't workout to my fave DVD, and I didn't even lift any of my weights!

And guess what? The world didn't stop. I didn't wake up to find that I could no longer fit into my clothes. I didn't feel that I wanted to quit exercising.

I gave myself permission to have some down time. My body needed it. My mind needed it. And isn't that what it's all about - listening to your body and learning to trust what it is telling you?

Today, feeling much more rested and ready to go, I got my 6 mile stationary bike ride in first thing this morning, planned my menu and grocery list for the week, and took care of some house cleaning that still needed to be done. I'm about to head out to the grocery store for my weekly grocery shopping. And then, who knows? I might go the gym, or I might stay home and workout to the DVD or get some weight lifting in.

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment