Thanks for visiting! Would really appreciate you leaving a comment just to let me know stopped by.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Some Questions that I Get Asked......

1. Question: How much weight have you lost?

Answer: I have lost a total of 49 lbs. Just 1 pound shy of 50.

2. Question: What diet plan are you following?

Answer: I do not follow any "diet" plan. I have changed my eating habits by eating healthier foods, more veggies and fruits, less sugars, sodium, and high calorie junk. Sodas have been cut out and have been replaced with 8 glasses of water a day. I am much more conscious of the foods that I am putting in my body.

3. Question: What made you decide to take on this new lifestyle?

Answer: The Ah-Ha moment was at the doctor's office Feb. 2010 when weighing in, I didn't even want to look at the number on the scale. I was thinking, "I hope the nurse doesn't say what my weight it. But no....You're weight is 205. Ugghh! That plus the fact that my blood pressure had to be taken twice...the first time it registered 200 / 148. Next time it was 185/148. That was life threatening! I decided that I didn't want to die and needed to make some serious changes in my life.

4. Question: How did you get started?

Answer: I read everything I could get my hands on about nutrition and healthy living. I didn't want to "diet", but really make a lifestyle change. I quit cold turkey and changed what I was eating. I started exercising by just walking around my house, walking in place, marching in place,
really putting more effort into my housework. I let people know at work what I was doing. I joined the gym, at my husband's insistance. I started watching "Biggest Loser" and was inspired by their courage and determination. I have read cover to cover several times "Biggest Loser, Six Weeks to a Healthier You". And Basically, I became my biggest fan.


5. Question: How much more weight do you want to lose and what keeps you motivated?

Answer: I want to lose 31 more pounds for a total of 80 pounds which would put me at 125. My doctor would be happy for me to reach 145. I know staying motivated is hard for some people. I like to hear/read stories of other people who have been where I am and have succeeded. I like the way I feel when I put on clothes that were once too small to fit into. I like it when my husband tells me I look sexy.

But more than that, I like the person that I have become - strong (physically and mentally), confident, and ready to tackle the world. I don't want to go back to the person I was before. The person who was just existing in life instead of living it.


Side Note: More questions and answers to come another day. Still need to get my Monday morning workout in before getting ready for work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment