Thanks for visiting! Would really appreciate you leaving a comment just to let me know stopped by.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

My New Toy....

Last night, my 16 year old son and I went out to eat for dinner. It is very rare that we are able to do this, just the two of us.

I didn't sweat it about the calories. I feel that the choice I made was o.k.....I could have done better, but I knew what I had eaten earlier that day and felt it was o.k. to splurge. So I ordered "Yolandas". It was 3 chicken enchiladas with ranchero sauce, mexican rice and a guacamole salad. I at one enchilada and 2 bites of another, half of my rice, and none of the salad (I'm not really into guacamole). Anyway, I was FULL! Took the rest home in a to go box.

Afterwards, my son and I headed to Walmart to pick up some stuff that we needed. Mostly, we went to get him a new phone.

Then we walked back to the sporting goods section. I bought a new 8lb dumbbell. I always look around to see what I can purchase to add to my "stash". I wish I had enough room to really have a home gym, but thankful for the room that I do have now.

I bought a resistance band. I had been wanting to try one out for some time, but never did. Then one day at the gym, my trainer gave me one to do bicep curls. Wow...that was hard! I was hooked.

I didn't take it out of the package until today and as soon as I started using it, I wondered why I didn't buy one earlier. These things are GREAT!!!

There are SO many different exercises you can do with a resistance band from an upper body workout, to lower body workout and even core exercises. This is definitely one piece of equipment that I will be using on a daily basis. It was funny, because everyone in the family from hubby to the youngest kid wanted to use it. Next time, I think I'll buy a shorter one to go with my collection.

And whats more great about it is that you control your workout from low impact to high impact. Its perfect for the beginner as well as the seasoned pro.

Wonder if I can get buy using one at work sitting at my desk....hmmmm. Might have to give that a try.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment