Thanks for visiting! Would really appreciate you leaving a comment just to let me know stopped by.

Monday, July 26, 2010

My Biggest Supporter - My Husband






My husband and I have been married for 4 1/2 years and this past June, we have been together for 5 years. It is our second marriage for us both. Between the two of us, we have six children. I don't write much about my "personal" life, but just felt that I needed to get this out there.

I was married previously for almost 20 years to a man who complimented me probably no more than I could count on one hand during the total time we were married. No wonder I failed miserably at losing weight. I was doing it in order to gain his love. I had the mentality that if I looked better, if I lost the weight, maybe he would love me more. In the end, it didn't matter...I could have been as skinny as a toothpick and it wouldn't have changed things. I know that now.
Marriage over...done with that.

Enter Brian.

Brian and I met and it was like love at first sight. Whirlwind romance....3 weeks later he asked me to marry him. 8 months later we were married. He loved me for the person that I was at that time....not what my weight was. Over the next few years, we both put on some weight. I loved to cook....he loved to eat. When he ate, I ate.....it catches up with you. But no matter what, EVERYDAY, he told me that I was beautiful....even when I knew I wasn't. EVERYDAY, he told me how much he loved me.

My husband NEVER made comments on my weight or me being "overweight". He just kept loving me.

Fast forward to today. My husband loves me today just as much as he loved me back then. The change in my weight did not make him love me more, because he has always loved me. Does that make sense?

He does tell me how proud he is of me and knows how hard I have worked to get where I am. He is the one that encouraged me to join the gym. He bought me an exercise bike for my birthday. Brian is always willing to try my new "healthy" recipes, even if it is something he doesn't like.

Brian believes in me. He has never made me feel that I can't do something that I want to try. If I fail, he encourages me to try again. I have never heard him say, " I told you so".

This is what he posted on Facebook yesterday, "Right now I am thinking how lucky I am to have such a beautiful,sexy wife and how much in love I am with her!"

My husband is my biggest fan, cheerleader, supporter....and I love him for sticking by me through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment