Thanks for visiting! Would really appreciate you leaving a comment just to let me know stopped by.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 4 with Personal Trainer

So, I had to skip a week because my PT was out of town attending a funeral last week. I still went to the gym last week, but didn't hit it as hard. I did work out at home with my weights and my bands. But goodness....yesterday, he really worked me hard!

We (I mean I) started of by warming up on the treadmill for 5 minutes...2 min walking at 3.6 and 3 minutes jogging at 4.9. Next was 20 stairs with 2 squats on each stair and then running down the stairs. Squats are NOT my favorite thing, but I am really improving and can do them without much difficulty now.

It was fast and furious from then on.....bicep curls with 20lb dumbell, tricep kickbacks with 7lb dumbells, alternating bicep curls - 7lb dumbell, leg extensions, leg curls, chest press machine, ab crunches and even more.....

Yes, we got a lot in. I was sweaty and I felt a rush! I think that's what I like the most - the rush that I get from working out. You see so many people coming out and they have this look of "I'm just wiped out...and I'm NEVER going back to do that again". But for me, it gets me pumped up. It makes me WANT to do more. I want to see how far I can push myself.

When I work out, even if it is with some puny small amount of weight that others would just sneer at, it makes me feel invincible!

I am thinking of trying a Zumba class at the gym tonight. They have one that meets a little after I get off work today. I have heard they are great fun. I wish I had someone to go with me. Going the first time by myself is a little intemidating for me. If I can just make myself "do it", I'm sure it will be fun.

Today is also my official weigh-in day. I keep a scale under my desk at my office and weigh in once a week on Thursdays. Honestly don't know how I did this week as I have been a little off kilter. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment