Thanks for visiting! Would really appreciate you leaving a comment just to let me know stopped by.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My Sleep Problem Last Night.....

I re-wrote the title of today's post no less than five times.

Let me first say that this post really doesn't have anything to do with sleep. Tracking my food is the real culprit. I have been pretty lax when it came to actually writing down what I have eaten during the day and coming face to face with what I am actually putting into my body. I kinda new what was going in, the amount of calories, yadda, yadda, yadda. Why would I need to keep track of it...I'm doing perfectly fine....or so I thought.

So, a couple of days ago, I decided I would be more consistent in journaling my food, along with calories and nutrtional value. I answered a few questions to set my nutritional goals. Goal for calories, carbs, fats, and proteins which are necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Each one of these is needed in your eating plan in order for your body to function properly. You shouldn't cut any of these completely out of your eating plan.

After tracking my food for just two days, it has come to my attention that I am depriving my body of necessary items it desperately needs. I thought I was doing great...but my calorie intake is too low. Too low of all things!

Did you know that when your calorie intake is too low that your body will go into survival mode? This means that your body thinks that it is starving, that there is not enough food for it to function. It will then start holding on or storing what little it has so it can keep on going. So, really instead of losing weight ....you will see that you might even gain weight at this point.

You really DO have to eat in order to lose weight.

Okay...back to post title. The last thing I did last night before going to bed was to enter in my last snack of the night and run my daily nutrition report. Yes, it came up short - again.

All night long, that is all I dreamed about...tracking food...how many calories...etc, etc, etc. I woke up this morning and thought..."I can't believe I have been thinking about food all night long!"

Yes, I'm sleepy this morning. Yes, I'm going to continue to track my food. Yes, I'm going to post the progress.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday...gott go and try and get some exercise in before heading off to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment