Thanks for visiting! Would really appreciate you leaving a comment just to let me know stopped by.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Trying a New Routine...

I have been getting very lazy in the mornings...getting up having a cup of coffee and eating my cereal or oatmeal then getting on the computer. I check my email..check facebook...do a post on my blog...then check sparkpeople.com. By the time I was done, I had no time left for getting in any exercise in the morning. Something had to give.

So, I'm trying something new to see how it works. The past couple of mornings I have been able to get out of bed at 5 AM. I then go ahead and take my shower and put on my work out clothes...go grab a cup of coffee and eat my cereal or oatmeal. And then I'm out the door at 6am headed to the gym. I carry my work clothes and make up with me. And I do all my blogging and computer stuff at night (in between all the household stuff I have to take care of when I get home).

So far so good.

It takes about 30 minutes to drive to the gym. I start work at 8 am, so that gives me a pretty good amount of time to work out and then get changed and get into the office.

Yesterday, I did the 5K loop on the treadmill - alternating between running/jogging and briskly walking. I completed it...but it took me 40 minutes. Now, that may seem really long to you seasoned runners. But, I have to say, I was so proud of myself. That is the first time I had ever done it! I ran 2 miles and walked he 1.1 mile left. Run 1/4 mile, then walk 1/8 mile...alternating the whole distance.

Then last night, I used my resistance bands working my arms, abs, and thighs. Pooped, I went to bed at 10 pm.

Up again at 5AM and out the door by 6AM. Got to the gym a little later than yesterday...hmmm..not sure how.

Hit the treadmill again, hoping for a repeat performance of yesterday...but my body had other ideas.

I had to stop at 2.5 miles - just a half mile short of completing because my knees were begging me to STOP NOW!

My knees were really sore, so in an effort to keep from having any injuries that would keep me from running, I decided to listen to my body and give it a rest. My legs felt pretty weak when I got off the treadmill, but off to work I went. Sweaty, stinky...and SORE!

I hobbled around the office bringing amusement to everyone. But it will pay off in the end.

Think I might skip riding the bike tonight. I think I hear my whirlpool tub call my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment