Thanks for visiting! Would really appreciate you leaving a comment just to let me know stopped by.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly


Yesterday, I went to my doctor bright and early for my weigh in and blood pressure check.

The Good: I had lost 10 pounds since my last checkup! YAY!

The Bad: My blood pressure had shot up to 146/102! YIKES!

Since I was just there for the check and I didn't have an appointment, I was told I would need to make an appointment to see the doctor. Bummer.

The appointment desk said they didn't have anything open until Monday. Wanted to know if she could call me if there was a cancellation between now and then....definitely.

I left the office almost in tears...well, not almost. I was in tears. I was angry, frustrated, and upset all at the same time. Why was my body trying to hold me back? I eat the right things; stay away from the wrong things; drink gobs and gobs of water, and get in plenty of cardio and strength training. I just couldn't figure it out.

Went back to my office and tried to hide how upset I was. I went and weighed in on the scale that I use every week and was please to see a 2lb weight loss. That made me feel a little better.

On I went with my day until 12:30 when I get a call telling me they had a 2:00 cancellation and did I want it.....Yes!

After talking with my doctor (who happens to be the greatest doctor in the world), and going over anything unusual I have taken, she thought the rise in my blood pressure might be related to the fact that I took a Mucinex a couple of days before. Remember me posting about my headaches and the sinus pain? Little did I know that Mucinex will cause your blood pressure to rise even up to a week after it has been taken! Glad I took just the one. But to be on the safe side, she ordered the usual tests...blood work, urinalysis, etc. Everything came back normal. It was determined that I do have a sinus infection, however.

So, now I have another antibiotic for the sinus infection (if you know me, you know I'm not really keen on antibiotics), a prescription for blood pressure medication (just in case it doesn't go down on its own over the course of the next few days), and a vitamin D prescription (because she said I have the lowest vitamin D levels of anyone she has ever seen).

The Ugly - I lifted up my shirt, and pulled my skirt down and said, "Does this look like fat, or excess skin". I just have a jiggly blob there that just won't go away...it just gets more jigglier(is that even a word?).

She looked, she grabbed, she shook her head.

"Yes, that is excess loose skin from your weight loss. It won't go away, unless you decide to have it surgically removed".

She suggested that while I am having the consultation in a couple of weeks with a surgeon to discuss my boobs (sorry for being so frank), that I have him look at the area around my lower mid section as well for a possible tummy tuck.

Sigh.

I hate pain.

Did you know that after having that procedure you cannot return to work for at least 4 weeks!

So, I guess I will wait until I talk with the surgeon and try not to worry about it too much until then...not anything I can do about it anyway.

I'm going to put all my effort and concentration into getting my blood pressure back in check. I've worked too hard to get off those darn pills to have to be put back on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment