Thanks for visiting! Would really appreciate you leaving a comment just to let me know stopped by.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 3 with Personal Trainer

Yesterday's session started off like the week before with a 5 min warm up on the treadmill - 3 min walking at 3.5 and 2 min jogging at 4.7.

Then it was on to strength training, weights, stability and abs. Instead of doing 2 reps on the machine, I did one rep and moved quickly to another and did basically a circuit and then started over.

My trainer did comment that he can see definition in my arms...Yay! I can see it too, but it's great when someone else actually notices. I wish I could see them from the back...that's kinda hard to do even with a mirror.

Anyway, we tried some new things, increased some weight and really moved around. We went from working on the arms (I wish I could remember the names of those darn machines)to working on my legs with two leg and one leg extensions.

He had me do two different types of squats..man could I feel them. And then it was on to lunges (I can tell you, I hate lunges, but I will do them because I know it is good for me).

Then it was time to move upstairs to work on the abs. Lying on a mat with my hands positioned behind me, I had to lean my back at an angle and raise my legs bent and then straighten them out. Then when pulling them in, I was to pull my body up at the same time. I was lucky to get 12 done. Then it was time to bicycle in the air - same position as before and then reverse. Got it done and was definitely feeling it.

A couple more ab exercises and the 50 minutes were done.

When I got back to the office, I was feeling it everywhere. And now that it is the next morning, I feel better, but I think I might have pulled something in my back on the right side. It's feeling like there may be a catch in it. So, I'm going to take it a little easy and see if I can get it worked out.

Today, I go to the doctor for a weigh in and to have my blood pressure taken. While I there, I'm going to talk to her about the headaches and the feet swelling and see if she has any suggestions.

Well that's all for now. Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment